Download Google Earth Pro for desktop If you need to manually update Google Earth, you can download the most recent 7.x direct installers. Some of the. Introduction. Google Earth Pro is a free program that can be downloaded to your desktop and can assist you in generating maps for a Maryland Nutrient. Google Earth allows users to "View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, galaxies far in space, and the deepest depths of the ocean.".
Similar videoBasic Overview of Google Earth Pro for Beginners
Google pro earth -
College of Sciences and Mathematics Homepage
Download and install the Earth Pro on desktop software (“classic” version of Google Earth) on your computer now.
How do I obtain the IBT Map Data for viewing in Earth Pro (Instructions for Firefox web browser)?
- In Firefox, go to the IBT Maps page
- Select (left mouse click) the IBT you wish to view (Example: Central Arizona Project)
- Select (left mouse click) “Download Google Earth File”
- In pop-up window, select "Save File" (save it to your Desktop or the folder of your choice)
How do I view the IBT Map in Earth Pro after I save it to my computer?
- Start Google Earth Pro
- Select "File" (Main menu at top of screen)
- Select "Open" (Use pop-up window to navigate to the Desktop or appropriate folder)
- Select file (Example: Central Arizona Project), then click "Open" button
View Image of Central Arizona Project in Earth Pro
- (Optional) In “Temporary Places” window on left panel, right-mouse-click on the file name, then Select pop-up window option “Save to My Places.” This action will keep the file in the My Places menu list for viewing next time you open Earth Pro.
How do I view the various features of the IBT map in Earth Pro?
1. Select (left mouse click) the triangle-shaped bullet symbol to the left of the IBT title (Example: Central Arizona Project) to expand the main folder. This action will reveal the sub-folders that contain the individual features.
2. Select (left mouse click) the triangle-shaped bullet symbol to the left of a sub-folder title (Example: Pumping Plants) to reveal the individual features within the folder.
3. Select (left mouse click) the “check-box” to the left of a Folder or Individual Feature to turn its display ON or OFF.
4. Select (left mouse click) a Folder or Feature to reveal a pop-up text box description.
How do I measure Distance and Area in Earth Pro?
There are 2 basic options for measuring distance (and area) in Earth Pro: Ruler Tool or Get Info.
- Ruler Tool: Select this tool from the toolbar at top of display screen. A pop-up window will give you the option to draw a Line between 2 points, a Path connecting multiple points, or a Polygon. The distance and area of the feature will be displayed in the pop-up window.
- Get Info: Select an existing Path or Polygon from the “Places” window on the left, then “right-mouse-click” to open a popup menu with a list of options. At the bottom of the list, select “Get Info,” then select Measurements and choose the units for displaying the distance (Miles, Kilometers, etc.) or area (Square Miles, Square Kilometers, etc.).
- NOTE: Distances can vary based on “Altitude” settings in the Get Info window (In Google Earth, select Help on the main menu at top of display screen for more detail). The default setting “Clamped to Ground” is recommended.
How do I measure Elevation in Earth Pro?
- Mouse: The basic method for measuring elevation is to place the mouse pointer over the location of interest and read the elevation that appears in the lower right corner of the display screen (next to the Latitude and Longitude).
- NOTE: Elevations in Google Earth are based on a DEM grid (approx., 30 m x 30 m in U.S., 90 m x 90 m non-U.S.) and should therefore be used with caution!
How do I view a Cross-Sectional Profile of an IBT Route in Earth Pro?
A cross-sectional profile is a graph of the changes in elevation along a line from start to end. For an IBT route, the graph would show the amount of variability in elevation along the route, and the slope from start to end (i.e., uphill or downhill).
- Show Elevation Profile: Select the name of the IBT Route from the “Places” window on the left (Example: the IBT route for the Central Arizona Project is named “CAP Route”), then “right-mouse-click” to open a popup menu with a list of options. Near the bottom of the list, select “Show Elevation Profile” to open an inset window showing the cross-sectional profile (see figure below). See Google Earth Blog article for further discussion and comments.
- TIP: Move the mouse pointer inside the inset window to see the distance and elevation along the profile at any specific point.
- TIP: Use a standard mouse, joystick or 3D mouse to rotate the view in the main display window so that the IBT route aligns with the profile line in the inset window.
- NOTE: Elevations and Distances measured in Show Elevation Profile may vary slightly from measurements made by other methods (Ruler Tool, Get Info, etc.).
Show Elevation Profile for route of the Central Arizona Project. The CAP pumps water “uphill” from the Colorado River to Phoenix and Tucson a total distance of 336 miles (538 km) and + 2,300 ft (+700 m). Multiple pumping plants are used to “lift” the water up the “stair-step” design of the canal system. The route passes through several tunnels along the way.
Last Updated: 7 April 2021
Google Earth Pro 18.104.22.16848
Increase employee productivity, communicate visually, and share geographic information with Google Earth Pro. With the same easy-to-use features and imagery of Google Earth and additional capabilities designed specifically for business users, Google Earth Pro offers the most comprehensive geospatial database, including seamless cityscapes, high-resolution imagery, historical imagery, roads, and points of interest.
Google Earth Pro is a Shareware software in the category Home & Hobby developed by Google Inc..
It was checked for updates 24,536 times by the users of our client application UpdateStar during the last month.
The latest version of Google Earth Pro is 22.214.171.12448, released on 07/28/2021. It was initially added to our database on 05/25/2009. The most prevalent version is 126.96.36.19948, which is used by 91 % of all installations.
Google Earth Pro runs on the following operating systems: Windows. The download file has a size of 12.2MB.
Users of Google Earth Pro gave it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
Link: Google Earth Website
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware